- [S106] Maine Families in 1790, Vol. 7 p. 453.
Harriet A. Towne1
F, #3730, b. 1847, d. 1908
Harriet A. Towne was born in 1847.1 She married Albert Byron Stearns, son of Oliver Lathrop Stearns and Betsey Wood, on 5 October 1868.2 Harriet A. Towne died in 1908.1
Child of Harriet A. Towne and Albert Byron Stearns
Emily Abigail Townsend1
F, #26879, b. 20 January 1899, d. 13 April 1982
Emily Abigail Townsend was born on 20 January 1899 in Revere, Suffolk County, Massachusetts.1,2 She was the daughter of Henry Townsend and Abigail Warren "Abbie" Sewall.1 Emily Abigail Townsend died on 13 April 1982 in Placer County, California, at the age of 83.3
Harriet Oliva Townsend1
F, #12997, b. 27 December 1817
Harriet Oliva Townsend was born on 27 December 1817 in Dixfield, Oxford County, Maine.2 She married Edward Fuller on 17 October 1838 in Jay, Franklin County, Maine.1
Children of Harriet Oliva Townsend and Edward Fuller
Harry Lester Townsend1
M, #26880, b. 24 April 1892, d. 5 February 1983
Harry Lester Townsend was born on 24 April 1892 in Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts.1 He was the son of Henry Townsend and Abigail Warren "Abbie" Sewall.1 Harry Lester Townsend died on 5 February 1983 in Lewis County, Washington, at the age of 901,2,3 and is buried in Oakville Pioneer Cemetery, Oakville, Grays Harbor County, Washington.2
M, #26878, b. 1860, d. 1938
Henry Townsend was born in 1860 in London, England.2,3 He married Abigail Warren "Abbie" Sewall, daughter of Thomas Avery Sewall and Emeline Kehail, on 5 August 1891 in Chelsea, Massachusetts.1 Henry Townsend died in 1938.3 He was buried in Old Auburn Cemetery, Auburn, Placer County, California.4
Children of Henry Townsend and Abigail Warren "Abbie" Sewall
- [S232] Ancestry.com, Massachusetts, U.S., Marriage Records, 1840-1915.
- [S89] Family Search, Massachusetts Births, 1841-1915.
- [S392] Website findagrave.com (http://www.findagrave.com/) "Memorial # 46845712."
- [S392] Website findagrave.com (http://www.findagrave.com/) "Memorial # 46845712, Henry Townsend, showing gravestone photograph."
- [S210] Social Security Death Index.
- [S208] 1900 US Census, Revere, Suffolk, Massachusetts.
Rev. James J. Townsend1
Rev. James J. Townsend. A Baptist minister.1 He married Sarah Maria Worcester, daughter of David Worcester and Ellen Shaw Sewall, on 16 October 1866.1
- [S278] John P. Worcester, The Worcester family, p. 120.
Colonel Penn Townsend1
Colonel Penn Townsend married Mary Leverett, daughter of Governor Sir John Leverett and Sarah Sedgwick, after 1681.1
- [S83] NEHGR, Vol. 10. p. 130.
Richard W. Townsend1
M, #26887, b. 20 March 1895, d. 27 September 1918
Richard W. Townsend was born on 20 March 1895 in East Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts.2,3 He was the son of Henry Townsend and Abigail Warren "Abbie" Sewall.1 Richard W. Townsend was killed on 27 September 1918 in France at the age of 23 during the Meuse-Argonne Offensive.3 He is buried in Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery and Memorial, Romagne-sous-Montfaucon, Departement de la Meuse, Lorraine, France.3
Alice Etta Tracey1
F, #1711, b. 2 February 1866
Alice Etta Tracey was born on 2 February 1866 in Rome, Maine.1 She married Sereno Clifford Webster, son of Sereno Sewall Webster and Mary Ann Hayes, on 12 November 1887 in Augusta, Kennebec County, Maine.2
Children of Alice Etta Tracey and Sereno Clifford Webster
Catherine Deblois Tracy1
F, #3396, b. 12 November 1794
Catherine Deblois Tracy was born on 12 November 1794 in Newburyport, Essex County, Massachusetts.2 She was the daughter of John Tracy and Margaret Laughton.1 Catherine Deblois Tracy married George Titcomb, son of Hon. Enoch Titcomb and Ann Jones, on 21 May 1819 in Newburyport, Essex County, Massachusetts.1,3
F, #7634, b. 13 January 1771, d. 20 December 1772
Elizabeth Tracy was born on 13 January 1771.1 She was the daughter of Nicholas Tracy and Miriam Titcomb.1 Elizabeth Tracy died on 20 December 1772 at the age of 1.1
Etta L. Tracy
Etta L. Tracy married Charles H. Bliss on 6 April 1873.
F, #5227, b. 24 April 1755, d. 28 April 1797
Hannah Tracy was born on 24 April 1755 in Newbury.2 She was the daughter of Capt. Patrick Tracy and Hannah Gookin.3 Hannah Tracy married Hon. Jonathan Jackson, son of Edward Jackson and Dorothy Quincy, on 2 June 1772 in Hampton Falls. Hannah Tracy died on 28 April 1797 in Charlestown at the age of 42.2
Children of Hannah Tracy and Hon. Jonathan Jackson
- Henry Jackson+2 b. 12 Jan 1774, d. 8 Dec 1806
- Judge Charles Jackson+1 b. 31 May 1775, d. 13 Dec 1855
- Hannah Jackson+2 b. 2 Jul 1776, d. 10 May 1815
- Dr. James Jackson+1 b. 3 Oct 1777, d. 27 Aug 1867
- Sarah Jackson+2 b. 26 Jun 1779, d. 29 Jan 1809
- Patrick Tracy Jackson+2 b. 14 Aug 1780, d. 12 Sep 1847
- Harriet Jackson2 b. 20 Jan 1782, d. 13 Aug 1849
- Mary Jackson+2 b. 3 Oct 1783, d. 1 Jun 1860
F, #11315, b. 1776, d. 1823
Hannah Tracy was born in 1776.1 She was the daughter of Hon. Nathaniel Tracy and Mary Lee.1 Hannah Tracy married Lt. William Raymond Lee on 28 April 1801.1 Hannah Tracy died in 1823.1
Children of Hannah Tracy and Lt. William Raymond Lee
M, #16676, b. 19 April 1753
M, #3400, d. 1788?
Nathaniel Tracy was the son of Patrick Tracy.1 In 1786 became bankrupt to the amount of millions.1 Nathaniel Tracy died in 1788? He survived but a short period after his bankruptcy.1
Hon. Nathaniel Tracy1
M, #11312, b. 11 August 1751
Hon. Nathaniel Tracy was born on 11 August 1751. He was the son of Capt. Patrick Tracy and Hannah Gookin.1 Hon. Nathaniel Tracy graduated in 1769 from Harvard.1 He married Mary Lee, daughter of Col. Jeremiah Lee.1
- [S131] George Norbury MacKenzie, Colonial families of the United States, Vol. V p. 352.
M, #3536, b. 1726, d. 23 May 1787
Nicholas Tracy was born in 1726 in County Wexford?, Ireland.2 He married Miriam Titcomb, daughter of Col. Moses Titcomb and Miriam or Meriam Currier, in 1750.1,2 Nicholas Tracy died on 23 May 1787 in Newburyport.3
Children of Nicholas Tracy and Miriam Titcomb
M, #7635, b. 24 July 1773, d. 26 July 1811
Nicholas Tracy was born on 24 July 1773.1 He was the son of Nicholas Tracy and Miriam Titcomb.1 Nicholas Tracy died on 26 July 1811 at the age of 38.1
Capt. Patrick Tracy
M, #7626, b. 1711, d. 28 February 1789
Capt. Patrick Tracy was possibly born about 1711 in County Wexford, Ireland.1 He married first Hannah Carter, daughter of Vincent Carter and Hannah Gookin, on 23 January 1742/43 at Newbury; cf. Putnam 25 Jan 1742/43.1,2 Capt. Patrick Tracy married secondly Hannah Gookin, daughter of Rev. Nathaniel Gookin and Dorothy Cotton, on 25 July 1749 at Newbury.1,2 Capt. Patrick Tracy married Mary (Unknown) (widow) Dalton on 23 March 1773 there were no children of this marriage.1 Capt. Patrick Tracy died on 28 February 1789 in Newburyport.2
Children of Capt. Patrick Tracy and Hannah Gookin
M, #7633, b. 28 August 1752, d. 16 December 1804
Robert Tracy was born on 28 August 1752.1 He was the son of Nicholas Tracy and Miriam Titcomb.1 Robert Tracy died on 16 December 1804 at the age of 52 unmarried.1
M, #6805, b. 5 December 1878, d. 1 March 1957
Thomas Tracy was born on 5 December 1878 in Amity, Maine.2,3 He married Lucretia Day Sewall, daughter of William Wingate Sewall and Mary Alice Sherman, on 28 February 1905 in Island Falls, Maine.2 Thomas Tracy died on 1 March 1957 at the age of 783 and is buried in Island Falls Cemetery, Island Falls, Aroostook County, Maine.4
- [S62] William Richard Cutter, New England Families.
- [S232] Ancestry.com, Maine Marriage Records, 1705-1922.
- [S392] Website findagrave.com (http://www.findagrave.com/) "Memorial # 189613436."
- [S392] Website findagrave.com (http://www.findagrave.com/) "Memorial # 189613436, Thomas William Tracy, showing gravestone photograph."
Rev. E.M. Trafton
Child of Rev. E.M. Trafton
- Myrtle Gertrude Trafton+ b. c 1893, d. 8 Mar 1980
Eliza Jane Trafton1
F, #9216, b. 26 February 1817, d. 12 November 1880
Eliza Jane Trafton was born on 26 February 1817 in York, Maine.1,2 She was the daughter of Noah Trafton and Lavinia Moore.1 Eliza Jane Trafton married Capt. Joseph Sewall, son of Joseph Sewall and Abigail H. Gray, on 30 April 1840 in York, Maine.1 Eliza Jane Trafton and Capt. Joseph Sewall appear on the census of 1860 at York, Maine. Eliza Jane Trafton died on 12 November 1880 in York, Maine, at the age of 631,3 and is buried in South Side Cemetery, York Village, York County, Maine.4
Children of Eliza Jane Trafton and Capt. Joseph Sewall
- Joseph Trafton Sewall1 b. 31 Jan 1841, d. 12 May 1852
- Mary Eliza Sewall1 b. 25 Sep 1843, d. 23 May 1886
- John Henry Sewall1 b. 24 Mar 1846, d. 19 Aug 1847
- Emily Ann Sewall+1 b. 15 Jul 1848, d. 13 Apr 1910
- Noah Millard Sewall+1 b. 8 Dec 1850, d. 7 Aug 1918
- Frank Ernest Sewall+1 b. 29 Nov 1854, d. 1926
Myrtle Gertrude Trafton1
F, #6820, b. circa 1893, d. 8 March 1980
Myrtle Gertrude Trafton was born circa 1893 in Maine.2 She was the daughter of Rev. E.M. Trafton. Myrtle Gertrude Trafton married Merrill Sewall, son of William Wingate Sewall and Mary Alice Sherman, on 12 October 1912 in Island Falls, Maine.1 Myrtle Gertrude Trafton and Merrill Sewall appear on the census of 1920 at Island Falls, Maine, he gives his occupation as guide in the woods.3 Myrtle Gertrude Trafton died on 8 March 1980 in Houlton, Maine,4 and is buried in Island Falls Cemetery, Island Falls, Aroostook County, Maine.5
Children of Myrtle Gertrude Trafton and Merrill Sewall
- [S243] Maine State Archives, Maine Marriages 1892-1996.
- [S206] 1920 US Census.
- [S206] 1920 US Census, Island Falls, Aroostook, Maine.
- [S34] Unverified internet information, Maine Vital Records.
- [S392] Website findagrave.com (http://www.findagrave.com/) "Memorial # 189655075, Myrtle T. Sewall, showing gravestone photograph."
Noah Trafton married Lavinia Moore, daughter of Deacon Joseph Moore.1 Noah Trafton appears on the census of 1880 at York, Maine, living with Noah M. Sewall and his family.2