John Robert Lindsay1
M, #5780, b. 1857, d. circa 1923
John Robert Lindsay was born in 1857 in York, South Carolina.1 He was the son of John Franklin Lindsay and Rosanna Whitman Gardiner Trott.1 John Robert Lindsay married Blanche Adickes, daughter of H.F. Adickes and Mary Withers, in 1880.1 John Robert Lindsay died circa 1923.2
Children of John Robert Lindsay and Blanche Adickes
- [S46] Various contributors, Daughters of the American Revolution, Vol. 67 p. 120.
- [S232] Ancestry.com, South Carolina Delayed Births, 1766-1900 and City of Charleston, South Carolina Births, 1877-1901. Delayed Birth Records.
- [S206] 1920 US Census, York, South Carolina.
- [S207] 1910 US Census, York, South Carolina.
John Robert Lindsay Jr.1
M, #19815, b. 25 March 1892
John Robert Lindsay Jr. was born on 25 March 1892 in Greensboro, North Carolina.1 He was the son of John Robert Lindsay and Blanche Adickes.2
Rose Marie Lindsay1
F, #19813, b. 16 December 1882
Rose Marie Lindsay was born on 16 December 1882 in York, South Carolina.1 She was the daughter of John Robert Lindsay and Blanche Adickes.2
Mary Ann Lindsley1
Mary Ann Lindsley married Bolton Smith Porter, son of Lieut. John Porter U.S.N. and Eliza Chauncy Clark, on 28 January 1852 in District of Columbia.1
- [S89] Family Search, District of Columbia Marriages, 1811-1950.
Caroline Webster Lindsly1
F, #1744, b. 14 May 1831
Caroline Webster Lindsly was born on 14 May 1831.1 She was the daughter of Dr. Harvey Lindsly and Emeline Cony Webster.1 Caroline Webster Lindsly married William Heberden Mussey MD, son of Dr. Reuben Dimond Mussey and Mehitabel (Hetty) Osgood, on 25 May 1857 in Washington, District of Columbia.
Children of Caroline Webster Lindsly and William Heberden Mussey MD
Frances Hall Lindsly1
F, #1716, b. 17 June 1829, d. 30 March 1892
Frances Hall Lindsly was born on 17 June 1829.1 She was the daughter of Dr. Harvey Lindsly and Emeline Cony Webster.1 Frances Hall Lindsly married Rev. Edward A. Washburn DD on 10 June 1854.1 Frances Hall Lindsly died on 30 March 1892 at the age of 62.1
Harriet Leroy Lindsly1
F, #1751, b. 16 June 1843
Harriet Leroy Lindsly was born on 16 June 1843.1 She was the daughter of Dr. Harvey Lindsly and Emeline Cony Webster.1
Dr. Harvey Lindsly
M, #1263, b. 11 January 1804, d. 1889
Dr. Harvey Lindsly was born on 11 January 1804.1 Dr. Harvey Lindsly was living in Washington, District of Columbia.1 He married Emeline Cony Webster, daughter of John Ordway Webster and Rebecca Guild Sewall, on 28 October 1828.1 Dr. Harvey Lindsly died in 1889.1
Children of Dr. Harvey Lindsly and Emeline Cony Webster
- Frances Hall Lindsly+1 b. 17 Jun 1829, d. 30 Mar 1892
- Caroline Webster Lindsly+1 b. 14 May 1831
- Webster Lindsly1 b. 14 Sep 1834, d. 19 Sep 1834
- Webster Lindsly MD1 b. 6 Oct 1835, d. 8 Aug 1866
- Harvey Clifford Lindsly1 b. 24 Jul 1838, d. 30 Dec 1838
- Harriet Leroy Lindsly1 b. 16 Jun 1843
- Julia Clifford Lindsly1 b. 23 Feb 1848
Harvey Clifford Lindsly1
M, #1750, b. 24 July 1838, d. 30 December 1838
Harvey Clifford Lindsly was born on 24 July 1838.1 He was the son of Dr. Harvey Lindsly and Emeline Cony Webster.1 Harvey Clifford Lindsly died on 30 December 1838.1
Julia Clifford Lindsly1
F, #1752, b. 23 February 1848
Julia Clifford Lindsly was born on 23 February 1848.1 She was the daughter of Dr. Harvey Lindsly and Emeline Cony Webster.1
M, #1748, b. 14 September 1834, d. 19 September 1834
Webster Lindsly was born on 14 September 1834.1 He was the son of Dr. Harvey Lindsly and Emeline Cony Webster.1 Webster Lindsly died on 19 September 1834.1
Webster Lindsly MD1
M, #1749, b. 6 October 1835, d. 8 August 1866
Webster Lindsly MD was born on 6 October 1835.1 He was a Assistant Surgeon in the Army.1 He was the son of Dr. Harvey Lindsly and Emeline Cony Webster.1 Webster Lindsly MD died on 8 August 1866 at the age of 30.1
David Chapman Line1
M, #2108, b. 22 January 1926, d. 3 April 2003
David Chapman Line was born on 22 January 1926 in Montana.2,3 He was the son of Robert Campbell Line and Louise Chapman.1 David Chapman Line died on 3 April 2003 in Missoula County, Montana, at the age of 77.3,4
F, #2106, b. 18 May 1921
Harriet Line was born on 18 May 1921 in Montana.2 She was the daughter of Robert Campbell Line and Louise Chapman.1 Harriet Line married David Perry Flaccus on 29 April 1944 in Missoula, Montana.2
F, #2105, b. 22 October 1919, d. July 2014
Louise Line was born on 22 October 1919 in Billings, Montana.2 She was the daughter of Robert Campbell Line and Louise Chapman.1 Louise Line married Milton Lory Grout on 7 September 1940 in Missoula, Montana.3 Louise Line died in July 2014 at the age of 94.2
- [S5] William Darcy McKeough, McKeough Family Tree.
- [S34] Unverified internet information, https://bitterrootstar.com/2014/07/louise-line-grout/
- [S89] Family Search, Montana, County Marriages, 1865-1950.
Robert Campbell Line1
M, #2104, b. 26 July 1891, d. 18 October 1982
Robert Campbell Line was born on 26 July 1891 in Nebraska.2 He married Louise Chapman, daughter of Frederick Leslie Chapman and Louise Lovett Sewall, on 7 September 1918.3 Robert Campbell Line died on 18 October 1982 in Missoula, Montana, at the age of 91.3,2
Robert Campbell Line was born to Lemuel and Mary Alice in Ogallala, Nebraska, in 1891. He received a B.A. from the University of Montana in Missoula in 1910, and a master’s degree from Harvard University in 1912. Line began his career as an instructor in Economics at Mount Holyoke College. Line was traveling in Germany in 1914 when war broke out. In 1915 he worked for the Merchants’ Association of New York before he returned to Columbus, Montana, and became the owner-operator of the family chain of stores in Montana until 1927. During that time he was active in merchants’ organizations, wrote business articles, and taught some short courses at the University of Kansas. He then taught at the University of Minnesota before becoming a professor and Dean of the School of Business Administration at the State University of Montana [now known as The University of Montana -Missoula] in 1927. He traveled to Europe with the Army Education Program from 1945 to 1946. Line stepped down from his position as Dean in 1947 but remained a professor until he retired from the university in 1957. He ran the Line Import Company until 1972. Robert Campbell Line married Louise Chapman of Lake Geneva, Wisconsin on September 7, 1918. They had four children: Louise, Harriet, Robert Campbell [Jr.], and David Chapman. For about seven years beginning in 1938, the Lines operated their home, the Robert C. Line Ranch (also known as the Fellfoot Ranch) in Missoula, Montana, as a boys and girls camp during the summer. The ranch was later renamed the Pattee Canyon Ranch.3
Children of Robert Campbell Line and Louise Chapman
Robert Campbell Line Jr.1
M, #2107, b. 10 October 1923, d. 6 December 2006
Robert Campbell Line Jr. was born on 10 October 1923 in Columbus, Montana.2 He was the son of Robert Campbell Line and Louise Chapman.1 Robert Campbell Line Jr. died on 6 December 2006 in Missoula, Montana, at the age of 83.2
Lucinda Linney married Henry Wilson.
F, #23215, b. 17 June 1828, d. 8 August 1847
Pamelia Linscott was born on 17 June 1828.2 She was the daughter of Shepard Linscott and Pamelia Sewall.1 Pamelia Linscott died on 8 August 1847 in Chesterville, Maine, at the age of 19.2
M, #13120, b. 1 April 1800, d. 3 November 1855
Shepard Linscott was born on 1 April 1800.2 He married as his first wife Pamelia Sewall, daughter of James Sewall and Nancy Marsh.1,2 Shepard Linscott died on 3 November 1855 at the age of 55.2
F, #22029, d. before 1851
Mary Linton was born in Newtown.1 She married James Tait on 21 May 1833 in Melrose James is described as being of Drygrange in the record.1 Mary Linton died before 1851.
- [S470] Scotland, Old Parish Registers, 799/00 0050 0322.
F, #311, d. 25 May 1723
Bridget Lisle was the daughter of Lord John Lisle and Alicia Beckenshaw.2 Bridget Lisle married Dr. Leonard Hoar, son of Charles Hoar and Joanna Hincksman. Bridget Lisle married secondly Hezekiah Usher Jr., son of Hezekiah Usher and Frances (Unknown), on 29 November 1676.3 On 12 July 1687 sailed for England with her daughter Bridget Hoar, where she had ample estate. She never saw her husband again, their marriage was an unhappy one. She returned to Boston in 1699, after her husband's death. Samuel Sewall acted as agent for her and was one of the executors of her estate.4 Bridget Lisle died on 25 May 1723 in Boston, Massachusetts.1,5 She was buried on 30 May 1723 in Braintree, interred in the same grave as her first husdand, Dr. Leonard Hoard, according to her wishes.5
- [S10] Charles G. Steffen, The Sewall children in Colonial New England, p.168.
- [S25] Samuel Sewall, Diary of Samuel Sewall (1973 ed.), p. 84 n. 32.
- [S25] Samuel Sewall, Diary of Samuel Sewall (1973 ed.), p. 84n.
- [S25] Samuel Sewall, Diary of Samuel Sewall (1973 ed.), p. 144n.
- [S83] NEHGR, Vol. 9, p. 154.
Lord John Lisle1
M, #5935, d. 11 August 1664
Lord John Lisle. President of the High Court of Justice, Lord Commissioner of the Great Seal, who drew the indictment and sentence of King Charles I..2 He married Alicia Beckenshaw, daughter of Sir White Beckenshaw and Elizabeth Bond.1 Lord John Lisle died on 11 August 1664 in Laussanne assassinated by being shot in the back.3,1
M, #230, b. 5 May 1816, d. 15 April 1856
Charles List was born on 5 May 1816 in Germany.2 He married Harriet Winslow, daughter of Nathan Winslow and Comfort Hussey, on 20 June 1848 in Portland, Cumberland, Maine.3 Charles List died on 15 April 1856 in Melrose, Massachusetts, at the age of 39.2
Lois Anne Littebrant1
F, #19698, b. 11 July 1826, d. 21 March 1910
Lois Anne Littebrant was born on 11 July 1826 in New York.1,2 She was the daughter of Elmina A. Roe.2 Lois Anne Littebrant married secondly John Jenks Sewall, son of James Sewall and Lucy Noyes, on 26 February 1851 in Pike County, Illinois.1 Lois Anne Littebrant died on 21 March 1910 in Barry, Pike County, Illinois, at the age of 83.3 She was buried in Barry Cemetery, Fairmount Township, Pike County, Illinois.4
Children of Lois Anne Littebrant and John Jenks Sewall
- Frederick A. Sewall1 b. 7 Nov 1851, d. 25 Jan 1873
- Elmina A. Sewall b. c 8 Nov 1855, d. 19 Nov 1859
- Lucy Ellen Sewall+1 b. Aug 1856, d. 15 Dec 1922
- Harriet E. Sewall1 b. c 25 Oct 1858, d. 31 Dec 1868
- Mary B. Sewall b. c 10 Sep 1861, d. 9 Mar 1863
- Elizabeth "Lizzie" Sewall+5 b. 29 Nov 1863, d. 23 Mar 1952
- Caroline May "Carrie" Sewall+6 b. 17 May 1866, d. 14 Jan 1941
- George Noyes Sewall+6 b. 30 May 1868, d. 29 Jul 1946
- [S364] Eben Graves, The descendants of Henry Sewall. Vol. II (Unpublished), #186.
- [S109] 1850 United States Census, Illinois, Pike, Township 4 S 6 W.
- [S34] Unverified internet information, Illinois Statewide Death Index, Pre–1916.
- [S34] Unverified internet information, http://genealogytrails.com/ill/pike/cembarryq-z.html
- [S364] Eben Graves, The descendants of Henry Sewall. Vol. II (Unpublished), #349a.
- [S364] Eben Graves, The descendants of Henry Sewall. Vol. II (Unpublished), #352.
F, #2545, b. 4 August 1716
Ann Little was born on 4 August 1716 in Newbury, Massachusetts.2 She was the daughter of Tristram Little and Anne Emery.1,2 Ann Little married Stephen Sewall, son of Henry Sewall and Elizabeth Titcomb, on 27 December 1739 in Newbury, Massachusetts, however she is listed in the VRs as Mrs Ann Little.1,3
Children of Ann Little and Stephen Sewall
- [S25] Samuel Sewall, Diary of Samuel Sewall (1973 ed.), p. 1079.
- [S365] Eben Graves, The descendants of Henry Sewall. Vol. II (Unpublished), p. 167.
- [S130] Massachusetts Vital Records, Vital Records of Newbury, Massachusetts to the Year 1850.
- [S232] Ancestry.com, Essex County, Massachusetts Birth Records to 1850: Newburyport.
F, #14925, b. 1783, d. 1866
Anna Little was born in 1783.1 She was the daughter of Col. Josiah Little and Sarah Toppan.1 Anna Little married William Atkinson in 1804. Anna Little died in 1866.1
Child of Anna Little and William Atkinson
- Rev. George Henry Atkinson+ b. 10 May 1819, d. 25 Feb 1889
- [S189] Frederick A. Virkus, Abridged Compendium of American Genealogy, Vol. 5 p. 266.
Rev. Charles Little1
M, #8696, b. 1 December 1845, d. 28 December 1921
Rev. Charles Little was born on 1 December 1845 in Granville, Licking County, Ohio.1,2 He was the son of Rev. Jacob Little and Ann Dorotha Thompson.1 Rev. Charles Little married firstly Myra M. Rice on 2 September 1873.1,2 Rev. Charles Little married secondly Annie Laura Thurston on 14 April 1879.1,2 Rev. Charles Little died on 28 December 1921 in Wabash, Wabash County, Indiana, at the age of 76.2
Rev. Daniel Little
M, #24021, b. 4 May 1726, d. 5 October 1801
Rev. Daniel Little was born on 4 May 1726 in Newbury, Essex County, Massachusetts.1 He married Mary Moody Emerson, daughter of Rev. Joseph Emerson and Mary Moody, on 5 December 1751 in Malden, Middlesex County, Massachusetts.2,3 Rev. Daniel Little died on 5 October 1801 in Kennebunk, York County, Maine, at the age of 75.1
F, #14130, b. 19 August 1758, d. 27 August 1844
Edna Little was born on 19 August 1758.2 She married Stephen Toppan, son of Edward Toppan and Sarah Bailey, on 1 January 1786 in Newbury, Massachusetts.1,3 Edna Little died on 27 August 1844 in Newbury, Massachusetts, at the age of 86.3