M, b. 18 February 1742, d. 11 February 1767
William Gerrish was born on 18 February 1742 in Essex County, Massachusetts.1 He was the son of Moses Gerrish and Mary Moody.1 William Gerrish died on 11 February 1767 at the age of 24.1
- [S4] Sandra MacLean Clunies, Clunies files.
William Gerrish married Elizabeth Mayo on 20 March 1712 in Newberry.
- [S4] Sandra MacLean Clunies, Clunies files, citing Newbury VRs.
Capt. William Gerrish1
M, b. 20 August 1617, d. 9 August 1687
Capt. William Gerrish was born on 20 August 1617 in Bristol.2 William Gerrish had come from Bristol, England, and was the first captain of the Newbury militia band and a representative; he settled in Boston in 1678.3 He married firstly Joanna Lowell, daughter of Percival Lowell and Rebecca (Unknown), on 17 April 1645 (Farmer gives a date of 17 April 1644.)1,4,5 Capt. William Gerrish married secondly Anne Parker, daughter of Richard Parker, after June 1677.6,7 Capt. William Gerrish died on 9 August 1687 in Salem, Massachusetts, at the age of 69 Farmer says that he moved to Salem on 3 August and died on 9 November.3
Children of Capt. William Gerrish and Joanna Lowell
- John Gerrish4 b. 15 May 1646, d. 1714
- Abigail Gerrish4 b. 10 May 1647
- Dr. William Gerrish4 b. 6 Jun 1648, d. 10 May 1683
- Rev. Joseph Gerrish+ b. 23 Mar 1650, d. 6 Jan 1719/20
- Benjamin Gerrish+4 b. 13 Jan 1652, d. 2 Jul 1713
- Elizabeth Gerrish+4 b. 20 Sep 1654, d. 5 Aug 1712
- Col. Moses Gerrish+8 b. 9 May 1656, d. 4 Dec 1694
- Mary Gerrish4 b. 1 Apr 1658
- Ann Gerrish4 b. 18 Oct 1660
- Judith Gerrish4 b. 10 Sep 1662
- [S25] Samuel Sewall, Diary of Samuel Sewall (1973 ed.), p. 1082.
- [S63] John Farmer, Genealogical register, Gerrish.
- [S25] Samuel Sewall, Diary of Samuel Sewall (1973 ed.), p. 145.
- [S78] Henry Whittemore, Genealogical guide, p. 207.
- [S186] Walter Goodwin Davis, Massachusetts and Maine Families, Vol. II. p. 513.
- [S75] Frederick Lewis Weis, Colonial Clergy, p. 91.
- [S123] Clarence Almon Torrey, New England Marriages Prior to 1700.
- [S5] William Darcy McKeough, McKeough Family Tree.
M, b. 6 June 1648, d. 10 May 1683
Physician of Charlestown, Massachusetts.3 Dr. William Gerrish was born on 6 June 1648 in Essex County, Massachusetts.1,2 He was the son of Capt. William Gerrish and Joanna Lowell.1 Dr. William Gerrish married Ann (Unknown).4 Dr. William Gerrish died on 10 May 1683 in Suffolk County, Massachusetts, at the age of 34.2
F, b. circa 1584, d. after 20 April 1655
Trijntgen Gerritsz was born circa 1584.2 She married firstly Bartelt Barteltsen circa 1605.2 Trijntgen Gerritsz married secondly Joachim Gijsen in 1612.2 Trijntgen Gerritsz died after 20 April 1655.3
Etta Elizabeth Gerry1
F, b. 4 July 1873, d. 21 December 1947
Etta Elizabeth Gerry was born on 4 July 1873 in Warner, New Hampshire.2 She was the daughter of Rueben Albert Gerry and Abigail Williams Rand. Etta Elizabeth Gerry married Walter Abbott Sewall, son of James Edward Sewall and Adelinda Louisa Barnes, on 12 September 1906 in Concord, New Hampshire.1 Etta Elizabeth Gerry died on 21 December 1947 at 76 Warren Street, Concord, New Hampshire, at the age of 74.2
Rueben Albert Gerry
Rueben Albert Gerry married Abigail Williams Rand.
- [S74] S.V. Talcott, Genealogical notes, p. 393.
Alice Maud Getchell1
F, b. 25 June 1863
Alice Maud Getchell was born on 25 June 1863.1 She was the daughter of Isaiah Sumner Getchell and Morgiana Heath Sewall.1 Alice Maud Getchell married William Hall Kerr, son of Washington C. Kerr and Emma C. Hall, on 25 June 1884 in Brookline, Massachusetts.2
Ezekiel Francis Getchell1
M, b. circa 1851, d. before 31 March 1882
Ezekiel Francis Getchell was born circa 1851. He married Mary E. Whitney, daughter of Israel C. Whitney and Sarah Ann Sewall, on 20 November 1875 in Webster, New Hampshire.1 Ezekiel Francis Getchell died before 31 March 1882 in Salisbury, New Hampshire.2
Florence Sewall Getchell1
F, b. 1866
Florence Sewall Getchell was born in 1866.1 She was the daughter of Isaiah Sumner Getchell and Morgiana Heath Sewall.1
- [S153] Charles Nelson Sinnett, Sinnett's Sewall genealogy, p. 50.
Frederick Sumner Getchell1
M, b. 13 February 1870
Frederick Sumner Getchell was born on 13 February 1870 in Brookline, Massachusetts.2 He was the son of Isaiah Sumner Getchell and Morgiana Heath Sewall.1
Herbert Sewall Getchell1
M, b. 1875, d. September 1964
Herbert Sewall Getchell was born in 1875.1 He was the son of Isaiah Sumner Getchell and Morgiana Heath Sewall.1 Herbert Sewall Getchell married Alice J. Varney, daughter of John C. Varney, on 27 November 1895 in Dover, New Hampshire.2 Herbert Sewall Getchell died in September 1964 in Manatee County, Florida.3
Isaiah Sumner Getchell1
Isaiah Sumner Getchell married Morgiana Heath Sewall, daughter of Jason Sewall and Hannah Joyce, on 26 February 1856 in Bath, Sagadahoc, Maine.1
Children of Isaiah Sumner Getchell and Morgiana Heath Sewall
M, b. 12 April 1899
F, b. 12 March 1903
Drusilla Gettle was born on 12 March 1903.1 She was the daughter of Lincoln Gettle and Nola Drue Cole.1
F, b. 10 September 1896
Ethel Gettle was born on 10 September 1896.1 She was the daughter of Lincoln Gettle and Nola Drue Cole.1
Lincoln Gettle. Of Brickerville, Lancaster county. Pennsylvania. He married Nola Drue Cole, daughter of Thornton Churchill James Cole and Drusilla Showalter, on 5 September 1893 and settled in Wann, Oklahoma.1
Children of Lincoln Gettle and Nola Drue Cole
F, b. 20 November 1894
Verna Gettle was born on 20 November 1894.1 She was the daughter of Lincoln Gettle and Nola Drue Cole.1
Child of Alice Gibbons
M, d. 1537
- [S21] Various editors, Dictionary of National Biography, Vesey [formerly Harman], John (c.1464-1554) by Nicholas Orme.
John Gibbons alias Payne ????1
Of Little Sutton, Warwickshire.1
- [S294] William and others Harvey, Visitations of Oxford, p. 161.
Margaret Gibbons was the daughter of William Gibbons and Agnes Harman. Margaret Gibbons married Thomas Keene.
- [S293] George Grazebrook, Pedigree of the family of Grazebrook, Vol. 3 Series 3 p. 160.
F, b. 1600, d. 1 September 1659
Margaret Gibbons is also recorded as Margaret Hatch ?2 She was born in 1600 in Matlock, Derbyshire.1 She married William Wood, son of (William ?) Wood, on 9 August 1612 in South Wingfield, Derbyshire.1 Margaret Gibbons died on 1 September 1659 in Concord, Massachusetts.1
M, d. after December 1537
William Gibbons was the son of John Gibbons alias Payne ????1 William Gibbons married Agnes Harman, daughter of William Harman and Joan Squier. William Gibbons died after December 1537 for he is left a gilt cup and £6 in his son John's will of that date.
Children of William Gibbons and Agnes Harman
Ethel Mary Gibbs1
F, b. circa 1894, d. 1958
Ethel Mary Gibbs was born circa 1894.1 She married Guy Symonds Meacham Batham, son of James Meacham Batham and Merelina Grey Symonds, on 3 January 1917 in First Church, Dunedin, New Zealand.1 Ethel Mary Gibbs died in 1958 in Dunedin, New Zealand.2
Child of Ethel Mary Gibbs and Guy Symonds Meacham Batham
- [S34] Unverified internet information, http://archives.presbyterian.org.nz/marriageregisters/…
- [S376] Rosemary Haden, "Haden E-Mail," e-mail to John Rees, 2007-2017.
- [S34] Unverified internet information, Jillett, John. 'Batham, Elizabeth Joan 1917 - 1974'. Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, updated 7 April 2006
Francis S. Gibbs1
- [S89] Family Search, New York City Marriage Records, 1829-1940.
M, b. 7 November 1694
Henry Gibbs. Brazier.2 He was born on 7 November 1694.1 He was the son of Robert Gibbs and Mary Shrimpton.1 Henry Gibbs married firstly Hannah Wadsworth on 8 June 1721.2 Henry Gibbs married secondly Katherine Willard in 1747.2